Monday, December 6, 2010

Service Learning Site Blog 12/1

On December 1st, I went on my last trip to St. Thomas. I worked with the fourth grade girls and helped them with their Spelling homework. They had to put each word in alphabetical order, and they also had to complete several workbook pages. Then, I helped them complete a worksheet for their Social Studies class.   Once the girls finished their work, I moved on to another table and colored with a little girl. She was separated from the group because she had been punished. Supposedly she chose to tell her mother that she finished her homework one day, but she really had not done any of it. Her mother told the woman in charge, and now the girl had to sit alone for the next three days with no fun interactions with other students.  It seemed like she truly learned her lesson from this experience. She told me that she was never going to lie about having her homework finished ever again. I hope that it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment